The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) is looking for an intern for our Media and Communications team in New Delhi. CHRI works for the realisation of human rights in Commonwealth countries, and have specialised in areas of access to information and access to justice (prison and police reforms). The media and communications team, apart from interfacing with the programmes and helping them with promoting their work, works closely with the International Director in research, writing, editing articles, press releases and statements.
The media team has primary responsibility for amplifying the work of CHRI's programmes, which work hard to bring about substantial changes at the policy level, through various methods including newsletters, social media, media focused resources and interactions/ events.
The intern would be required to assist the Media Officer in the following:
- research and developing resources targeted towards the media
- building and updating databases
- following-up with staff on articles for the media
- identifying potential story ideas wrt CHRI's work
- enhancing CHRI's outreach through social media
The ideal candidate would be:
- a current student/ recent graduate in courses like media and communications, political science, sociology, English literature, and related Humanities courses, with good communication skills and passionate about human rights
- able to do quick, quality research and writing
- diligent, cool-headed, with good people skills
If this interests you, please send in your CV and two writing samples of not more than 4 pages each to email@example.com with the subject line - 'Media and Communications Internship'.
The deadline for receiving applications is 30th January 2020.
A small stipend may be considered for candidates willing to intern full-time for a minimum of six months.