Executive Assistant to International Director
The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) is an independent, non-partisan, international human rights NGO based in New Delhi, India, has offices in London, UK and Accra, Ghana. It works in the field of human rights across the Commonwealth. Access to Information, including media rights, and Access to Justice are two focus areas of CHRI’s work. For more information, please visit: www.humanrightsinitiative.org
CHRI is presently looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to International Director (ID). The position is based in Delhi.
- All Secretarial functions related to the ID’s office
- Setting up and coordinating the ID’s travel including hotel bookings, visas etc.
- Managing the ID’s daily schedules and appointments
- Handling all correspondence for the ID’s office
- Setting up and coordinating meetings and events as required
- Maintaining an accurate and efficient filing system and records
- Maintaining an up-to-date database
- Filing and maintaining confidential matters/records
- Preparing reports, minutes of meetings, notices, etc.
- Corresponding with various people at different levels on behalf of the ID, and building relationships
- Maintaining and expanding networks
- Identifying people to meet, establishing contact and setting up meetings prior to the ID’s travels
- Following-up on leads and commitments from trips, reminders and coordination with staff concerned
- Coordinating the ID’s work with the teams
- Performing other related duties, including research, as required.
Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree essential. A Master’s degree would strengthen application.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in assisting Chief Executive Officers or top management of reputed national/ international development sector organisations
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritise work
- Good people skills and ability to maintain, calm and efficiency under pressure
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports
- Personal commitment, drive for results, efficiency and flexibility
- Proficiency in MS Office-Word, Excel, Power Point; familiarity with the internet
All positions carry competitive salaries with fringe benefits comparable to leading national level development sector organisations. Desirous candidates should apply with a cover note that highlights their motivation to apply and suitability for the position applied, current CV, two samples of reports drafted or other written work, and two references to email@example.com by 31 August 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.